It is compulsory for all children from Nursery to Year 6 to wear uniform.
Please read our Uniform Policy, on the Policies page, for full details.
Please note that all items featuring the Swaffield School logo must be bought direct from the supplier:
Uniform - from September 2019
We'd like to remind parents and carers that changes to our uniform policy will come into force in September 2019 as explained in the Autumn Term 2018 and Spring Term 2019 editions of The Swaffian.
From September 2019:
- All children from Nursery to Year 5 must wear a maroon sweatshirt or cardigan with the Swaffield logo
- Year 6 children must wear a black sweatshirt or cardigan with the Swaffield logo
- Jumpers and cardigans without logos or featuring the old logo will not be permitted after that date
- Children must wear plain grey skirts, pinafore dresses, trousers or shorts (or black for Year 6 black)
- Children in the Nursery and Reception may wear grey jogging bottoms but from Year 1 only grey school trousers can be worn
- Red & white checked summer dresses can be worn
- Children must wear plain black school shoes or plain black trainers
No other trainers or shoes with other colours are allowed
- Headscarves and hair accessories must be in maroon, grey or white (or black for Year 6 children only)
- Tights/socks – can be black, white or grey
Uniform during academic Year 2018/2019
Uniform for Nursery to Year 5
- Grey trousers, skirt, pinafore or shorts
Children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 may wear grey tracksuit bottoms
- White shirt, blouse, t-shirt or polo shirt
- Grey or maroon jumper, cardigan, sweatshirt or fleece. No red cardigans
- Red & white checked dresses may be worn in the summer or grey shorts
- Headscarves should be white, grey or maroon to match uniform colours
- Sensible shoes or trainers; trainers must be white, black or a dark colour - no bright colours
- No jewellery except stud earrings
- No nail varnish
P.E. Kit - Reception to Year 6
• Shorts & short sleeved t-shirt in maroon (NO football kits) - for indoors & summer
Uniform for Year 6 Children Only
- Black trousers or skirt
- White shirt
- Black jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt
- In Year 6 black headscarves may be worn
Purchasing Swaffield School Uniform
All items featuring the Swaffield School logo must be bought direct from the supplier, Stitch Design.
The following items of uniform can be purchased from there:
- Maroon sweatshirt (with embroidered badge)
- Black sweatshirt (Year 6 only)
- White polo shirt (with embroidered badge)
- Fleece jackets (with embroidered badge)
- Shower-proof fleece jackets (with embroidered badge)
- P.E. kit (shorts, t-shirt & bag)
- Maroon PACT bag
- Maroon backpack
The Swaffield School logo changed in January 2018.
We want to make the transition to the new logo as easy and cost-effective for parents as possible and there is a period of transition when both the old and new logos will be in use.
All children joining Nursery and Reception in September 2018 are expected to wear uniform with the new logo. Existing pupils may wear uniform showing the old logo until July 2019, from when all uniform with a Swaffield logo should be the new version.
Many local supermarkets stock trousers, skirts, white polo shirts, and summer dresses.
Parents should make sure that their child’s name is written in all items of clothing and equipment.